Online Phlebotomy Technician Certification
Online Phlebotomy Technician Certification
Accredited Phlebotomy Technician Certification is offered through PCT, a licensed proprietary school in the state of MI and is accredited by the NCCT.The student will be given unlimited 6 month access to the course in its entirety and they will also be provided with their own personal instructor who is a phlebotomist, Family Nurse Practitioner, MSN-FNP-BC and 1st year medical student. The student will have to provide evidence of 30 successful blood draws. They will be provided with a draw log sheet to record their draws, which must be signed off by a medical professional such as an LPN, Certified Phlebotomist, MD, RN or MA. If the student has previously drawn blood, then their draws have to be less than 6 months old and they must have proof. Student entering the class without draws must locate a lab, physicians office or other location where they will be allowed to complete their draws. The school will assist with letter of introduction and provide student with externship paperwork.
Online Phlebotomy Technician CertificationTotal
This course is entirely online for students who are interested in earning their phlebotomy certification.
Course Description 70 hours + clinicals
Phlebotomy is the study of skin puncture and venipuncture for the purpose of collecting blood for laboratory testing. The course includes principles of proper phlebotomy technique, specimen processing, patient care, maintenance and use of equipment, recordkeeping and basic principles of anatomy and physiology, disease process, therapeutic communication, hazardous materials management, and patient assessment. Students enrolling in this program usually have some prior medical experience in working directly with patients. Skill development in the performance of a variety of blood collection methods using proper techniques and universal precautions.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
1. Includes vacuum collection devices, syringes, capillary skin punctures, butterfly needles.
2. Specimen collection on adults, children, and infants. Emphasis on infection prevention, proper patient identification.
3. Labeling of specimens and quality assurance, specimen handling, processing and accessioning.
4. Laboratory for experiences in basic phlebotomy procedures. Conducted onsite at hospital and at various medical offices in the surrounding Metro Detroit Area.
5. Infection control principles.
6. HIPAA /OSHA laws
7. Hazardous materials/exposure/disposal procedures/protection/donning, doffing of personal protective equipment
8. Pain assessment
9. Therapeutic communication, patient care
10. Lab test assessment,Coagulation cascade, Fresh Frozen specimen collect
11. Clinical Hand washing/medical asepsis technique/sterile field
13. Diabetes pathophysiology
14. Syncope, how to handle a patient who has fainted
15. collection of blood cultures
16. Microbiology, gram negative vs gram positive
17. Infant heel sticks
18. how to handle the pediatric patient
20. Point of care testing, glucose testing, pregnancy testing, HIV
21. Handling and testing urine specimens
22. Physiology of the heart
23. Anatomy of the skin and vessels
24. Liability in the field, what students need to know
25. Scope of practice
26. Tourniquet tying
27. Pre-analytical variables
28. Order of draw
29. Blood and blood components, Type I and Type II hypersensitivity reactions/Blood banking, Blood typing
30. Collecting blood from designated ports, flushing, drawing with a syringe to dispense blood
31. Associated Laboratory departments such as coagulation, pathology, histology, microbiology, serum chemistry, urine chemistry, blood banking, etc
33. Proper specimen handling, 24 hour urine
34. Special tests; Western Blot, ELISA, Karyotyping, Hepatitis Antibody/antigen
35. Body system testing: Thyroid, Renal, Hepatic, Lipids
36. Medication level collections: Peak vs Trough with pharmaceutical calculation requirements
WE ARE AN ACCREDITED AUTHORIZED CLIA WAIVED LABORATORY.
Students will learn about point of care testing. This is additional training to their phlebotomy technician training and will improve their employment opportunities. Ask about employment opportunities with our partner, The American Red Cross. It doesn’t matter where you live in the U.S. We can assist you with learning more.
This book is copyright through the library of congress. All rights reserved, “Phlebotomy Career Training”
Phlebotomy Career Training is licensed proprietary school in the state of Michigan and has been in operation since 2009.
PCT’s phlebotomy certification is accredited and recognized through the NCCT, NHA, AMCA, and the NAPTP.
No prior medical experience necessary
- National Certification Exam
- Unlimited Access to Online Course Materials
- Unlimited Instructor access with Personal Instruction.
- Complimentary Resume Upon Request
- National Association of Phlebotomy Technician Professionals Hard Copy Book 403 pages FREE!
- Video conferencing as needed
About Your Instructor
N.Kimmel PhD,FNP-BC ,Med School I
Professor Kimmel, is a MSN-FNP-BC, 1st year medical student and has compiled all her years of experience as medical professional and a university professor to build courses with a curriculum designed to graduate proficient and competent students in their prospective medical career choice.
Other Students Also Purchased These Classes
EKG Technician Online Certification
The course includes 4 certifications which are as follows:
Electrocardiogram Technician or ECG/EKG,
Cardiac Monitor Technician/Telemetry Technician
with 2 national certifying exams, the National Telemetry Exam and the National Electrocardiogram Technician Exam.$500.00