Online Phlebotomy Technician Certification
Online Phlebotomy Technician Certification
Accredited Phlebotomy Technician Certification:
Study at your own pace. National Exam included!
Approved by NCCT, AMCA, AMT, NAPTP.
The student will be given unlimited 6 month access to the course in its entirety and they will also be provided with their own personal instructor who is a phlebotomist, Family Nurse Practitioner, MSN-FNP-BC and 3rd year medical student. The student will have to provide evidence of 35 successful blood draws. They will be provided with a draw log sheet to record their draws, which must be signed off by a medical professional such as an LPN, Certified Phlebotomist, MD, RN or MA. If the student has previously drawn blood, then their draws have to be less than 6 months old and they must have proof. Student entering the class without draws must locate a lab, physicians office or other location where they will be allowed to complete their draws. The school will assist with letter of introduction and provide student with externship paperwork.
Online Phlebotomy Technician CertificationTotal
This course is online for students who are interested in earning their phlebotomy certification.
Course Description 170 clock hours (newly increased hours) “Fee Infection Control Training with (Hazardous materials Handler Certification, accredited by CHMM) 40 clock hours., Free Clinical Laboratory Assistant Certification 24 clock hours.
Phlebotomy is the study of skin puncture and venipuncture for the purpose of collecting blood for laboratory testing. The course includes principles of proper phlebotomy technique, specimen processing, patient care, maintenance and use of equipment, recordkeeping and basic principles of anatomy and physiology, disease process, therapeutic communication, hazardous materials management, and patient assessment. Students enrolling in this program usually have some prior medical experience in working directly with patients. Skill development in the performance of a variety of blood collection methods using proper techniques and universal precautions.
Topics covered in this course include the following:
1. Includes vacuum collection devices, syringes, capillary skin punctures, butterfly needles.
2. Specimen collection on adults, children, and infants. Emphasis on infection prevention, proper patient identification.
3. Labeling of specimens and quality assurance, specimen handling, processing and accessioning.
4. Laboratory basics in phlebotomy procedures.
5. Infection control principles.
6. HIPAA /OSHA laws
7. Hazardous materials/exposure/disposal procedures/protection/donning, doffing of personal protective equipment
8. Pain assessment
9. Therapeutic communication, patient care
10. Lab test assessment, Coagulation cascade, Fresh Frozen specimen collect
11. Clinical Hand washing/medical asepsis technique/sterile field
13. Diabetes pathophysiology
14. Syncope, how to handle a patient who has fainted
15. collection of blood cultures
16. Microbiology, gram negative vs gram positive
17. Infant heel sticks
18. how to handle the pediatric patient
20. Point of care testing, glucose testing, pregnancy testing, HIV
21. Handling and testing urine specimens
22. Physiology of the heart
23. Anatomy of the skin and vessels
24. Liability in the field, what students need to know
25. Scope of practice
26. Tourniquet tying
27. Pre-analytical variables
28. Order of draw
29. Blood and blood components, Type I and Type II hypersensitivity reactions/Blood banking, Blood typing
30. Collecting blood from designated ports, flushing, drawing with a syringe to dispense blood
31. Associated Laboratory departments such as coagulation, pathology, histology, microbiology, serum chemistry, urine chemistry, blood banking, etc
33. Proper specimen handling, 24 hour urine
34. Special tests; Western Blot, ELISA, Karyotyping, Hepatitis Antibody/antigen
35. Body system testing: Thyroid, Renal, Hepatic, Lipids
36. Medication level collections: Peak vs Trough with pharmaceutical calculation requirements
Below is a sample of the classroom videos that students will be able to access upon enrollment.
WE ARE AN ACCREDITED AUTHORIZED CLIA WAIVED LABORATORY and a State Licensed Proprietary school serving Michigan for over 12 years. Our online classes offer national accrediting exams which allow students to work anywhere in the U.S.
Students will learn about point of care testing. This is additional training to their phlebotomy technician training and will improve their employment opportunities. Ask about employment opportunities with our partner, The American Red Cross. It doesn’t matter where you live in the U.S. We can assist you with learning more. Student’s are required to complete 35 -100 blood draws for graduation depending on which national exam they wish to take. Phlebotomy Career Trainings pays for the one complimentary attempt at the NAPTP. Students who graduate from Phlebotomy Career Training are eligible to take the AMT, NCCT, NHA, AMCA and ASCP depending on how many blood draws they have completed. Requirements for blood draws can be waived for those students with prior experience within the past 16 months.
We are pleased to announce that we have now partnered with Castle Branch. Students who are interested in doing their clinical externship through Phlebotomy Career Training will be notified of the locations which PCT has contracts with and how to upload their information to Castle Branch. Students must meet all school requirements to be eligible. Phlebotomy Career Training has national contract with Concentra as well as many hospitals throughout the entire United States.
Students will receive 16.5 CEU’s through CAPCE as our phlebotomy course is also accredited through the NTA through CAPCE. The 16.5 CEUS can be used by EMT’s and Nurses
This pdf book is copyright through the library of congress. All rights reserved, “Phlebotomy Career Training”
Phlebotomy Career Training is licensed proprietary school in the state of Michigan and has been in operation since 2009.
PCT’s phlebotomy certification is accredited and recognized through the NCCT, NHA, AMCA, AMT and the NAPTP. Should students complete 100 blood draws and may take the ASCP.
Biomat USA Inkster
27575 Michigan Avenue
click here to read: California residents: Due to frequent revisions of California rules and regulations we strongly urge all California residents to check with their state licensing board prior to registration.
Below is an excerpt from the current legislation regarding phlebotomy in California.
Must train 40 hours in a licensed CLIA lab with draws signed off by Physician, Surgeon or Registered Nurse and then take one of Phlebotomy Career Training’s national accredited exams through the AMT, NCCT, NHA or ASCP. Students must complete 50-100 blood draws and 50 capillary sticks.
Proud Graduate of our school with her family, and Instructor Nancy Kimmel.
Mr. Joshua Cerullo, Certified Phlebotomy Instructor
Zainab Ayoub, Academic Director and PA student.
Classroom of medical assistants and phlebotomy students
Dawn Weaver, Medical Assistant Instructor, RN, BSN, Trauma Nurse
No prior experience.
- National Certification Exam through the NAPTP 16.5 CEU's Through CAPCE
- Unlimited Access to Online Course Materials
- Unlimited Instructor access with Personal Instruction.
- Complimentary Resume Job board access
- National Association of Phlebotomy Technician Professionals 403 pages PDF book FREE!
- Video conferencing as needed
- Class lectures offered via Zoom weekly (these will be recorded, but we encourage our students to attend for questions about the course)
- Complimentary Virtual Clinicals (Student will be sent phlebotomy practice supplies/practice pad upon request if unable to find a clinical externship) Supplies must be returned
About Your Instructor
N.Kimmel PhD,FNP-BC ,Med School III
Professor Kimmel, is a MSN-FNP-BC, 3rd year medical student and has compiled all her years of experience as medical professional and a university professor to build courses with a curriculum designed to graduate proficient and competent students in their prospective medical career choice.
Other Students Also Purchased These Classes
EKG Technician Online Certification
The course includes 4 certifications which are as follows:
Electrocardiogram Technician or ECG/EKG,
Cardiac Monitor Technician/Telemetry Technician
5.5 CEUs through CAPCE, Nurses can use the CEU’s too!
with 2 national certifying exams, the National Telemetry Exam and the National Electrocardiogram Technician Exam.